District Court / Clerk of Court
|Candace “Candy” Fisher||Clerk of Court and Jury Commissioner||(406)827-6962||SandersDistCourt@mt.gov|
|Tristan Franck||Deputy Clerk|
|Stephanie Molzhon||Deputy Clerk|
|Miriam Smith||Deputy Clerk|
The Clerk of District Court is the official keeper of all District Court records for Sanders County. These records include Adoption, Civil, Criminal, Dependent Neglect, Domestic Relations, Guardianship, Juvenile, Paternity, Probate and Sanity cases. It is the Clerk of Court’s responsibility to ensure accurate and up-to-date records. The Clerk also issues, files and records all Sanders County marriage license applications and licenses.
The majority of all Clerk of Court records are open to the public. Records are searched daily by title companies, credit agencies, investigative agencies and the general public. Searches, copies and certified copies are provided upon request. Fees for searches and copies are charged according to statute.
The Clerk of District Court also serves as Jury Commissioner for Sanders County. As required by statute, each May the Secretary of State provides a combined list of registered voters, licensed drivers and holders of Montana ID cards to the Clerk of District Court. This list is stored and maintained electronically and it is from this list that jurors are pulled for the City, Justice and District Court Judges. It is the Clerk’s duty to maintain an accurate listing of all selected jurors and to pull individual jury panels for the District Court Judges upon request.
Montana State statutes MCA 3-1-601 and 7-4-2210 prohibits the Clerk of Court’s Office from giving legal advice or preparing legal documents. Notary Public services are not available in this office. The only forms available from this office are the Dissolution of Marriage and Parenting Plan. The Montana Law Library may have useful forms.
Law and Motion Days
- Department 1 – Judge James A. Manley; 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
- Department 2 – Judge Deborah K. Christopher; 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
- Most District Court proceedings are open to the public and Trials are held periodically throughout the year.
U.S. Passport Information
Passport applications are processed by appointments only. Must have all required documents and photocopies, or the appointment will be rescheduled. In addition, two separate payments will be required. (credit or debit cards are not accepted) If you have any questions with completing the application prior to your appointment, please visit the Dept. of State website (travel.state.gov) or call the National Passport Information Center 1-877-487-2778.
* Passport Renewal Applications are not processed through this office, please refer back to the renewal application or contact the Dept. of State.
Forms & Documents
- District Court Affidavit of Indigence and Order
- Clerk of District Court – Fee Schedule
- District Court Frequently Asked Questions
- District Court Law Help
- Marriage License and Declarations
- Montana 20th Judicial District Court Rules
- Montana Uniform District Court Rules
- District Court Request Records Search or Documents