|Nichol Scribner, Clerk & Recorder||Election Administrator||(406) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bobbi Christenson, Deputy||Elections||(406) email@example.com|
The Clerk and Recorder also serves as the County’s Election Administrator.
The Sanders County Elections office annually prepares for and conducts Special District Elections, Municipal Elections and county-wide Primary and General Elections. Preparations include certifying the local ballot, preparing ballot layouts, assembling and distributing supplies and training election judges.
Montana law provides for an open primary, in which the party choice of the voter is kept secret. At the polls the voter is given a ballot for each of the major parties, then the voter may vote one of the ballots. Generally, only major party candidates are nominated through the primary election. Independent and minor party candidates are nominated by petition, although the law provides a process for minor party candidates to qualify for the primary ballot.
If you are interested in being an election judge, call the Election Office at 827-6949.
All elections are conducted by the County Clerk and Recorder, acting as Election Administrator, with exception of the school district elections which are conducted by the individual school district.
- Absentee List Application (2 years)
- Application for Absentee Ballot
- Ballot Replacement Request
- Political Sign Information
- Declaration for Nomination Oath of Candidacy
- Declaration of Acceptance for Write-In Candidate
- Declaration and Oath for Write-In Candidate
- Declaration Oath-Petition for Independent Minor Party or Indigent Candidate
- Designation of Agent
- ESS AutoMARK Diagram and Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Independent Minor Party or Indigent Candidate Declaration Oath-Petition
- Polling Places
- Verification of Signature/Missing Signature
- Voter Registration Application/Change of Address
- Voter Registration List Request
- Withdrawal of Candidacy